|cIRcle (University of British Columbia's Information Repository)|
|Organisation:||University of British Columbia|
|Address:||University of British Columbia, Walter C. Koerner Library, University of British Columbia, 1958 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1|
|Location:||Latitude: 49.263600 & Longitude: -123.138600, Google Map|
|Description:||This is an institutional repository providing access to the thesis and learning object output of the University of British Columbia. Some collections are only available to registered users. Well developed support materials. Users may set up RSS and ATOM feeds to be alerted to new content.|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||58172 items (2017-03-23)|
|Software:||UBC Collab, Version: 1.0.1|
|Content:||Articles; Theses; Learning Objects; Multimedia|
|OpenDOAR ID:||1099, Last reviewed: 2017-01-05 |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/1099/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Commercial metadata re-use permitted
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- For more information, please see webpage: http://www.library.ubc.ca/circle/policies_f.html
Grade: Harvesting full data items by robots prohibited
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- for personal research or study purposes without prior permission or charge.
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- For more information see webpage: http://www.library.ubc.ca/circle/policies_g.html.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Conference and workshop papers
- Theses and dissertations
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Learning Objects
- Multimedia and audio-visual materials
- Other special item types
- Deposited items may include:
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- For more information, please see webpage: http://www.library.ubc.ca/circle/policies_b.html
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items may not be deposited until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- For more information see webpage: http://www.library.ubc.ca/circle/policies_d.html
Grade: Preservation policies defined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may not normally be removed from the repository.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- In the event of the repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.
- For more information see webpage: http://www.library.ubc.ca/circle/policies_e.html