Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use policy explicitly undefined
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Access to some or all of the metadata is controlled.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Full data item policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- No full-item re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository holds all types of materials.
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff, and employees of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of the repository, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is not checked.
- Items may not be deposited until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- For more information see webpage: http://library.jhu.edu/collections/institutionalrepository/irabout.html
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- No file preservation policy defined.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include Legal requirements and proven violations
- No deletion method for withdrawn items defined.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- No closure policy defined.
- For more information see webpage: http://library.jhu.edu/collections/institutionalrepository/irpreservationpolicy.html