Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use policy explicitly undefined
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Full data item policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- No full-item re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Content policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- No content policy defined.
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, registered students, and employees of the institution
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is not checked.
- No embargo policy defined.
- For more information see webpage: http://opensiuc.lib.siu.edu/faq.html
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- No file preservation policy defined.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- No deletion method for withdrawn items defined.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- No closure policy defined.
- For more information see webpage: http://opensiuc.lib.siu.edu/faq.html#faq-6