Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use policy explicitly undefined
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
- For more information, please see webpage: http://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/policies_metadata
Grade: Full data item policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- No full-item re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository holds all types of materials.
- For more information, please see webpage: http://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/policies_collections
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, and registered students of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all their publications.
- The administrator only vets items for relevance to the scope of the repository
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is not checked.
- No embargo policy defined.
- For more information see webpage: http://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/policies_submission
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may not normally be removed from the repository.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- institute discretion
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- No closure policy defined.
- For more information see webpage: http://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/policies_preservation