|Organisation:||Boston College (BC)|
|Address:||140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467|
|Location:||Latitude: 42.338600 & Longitude: -71.170764, Google Map|
|Tel.:||+1 (617) 552-8000|
|Description:||University repository providing access to the publication output of the institution. Most items are available in full-text; many are licensed under a Creative Commons license. Some theses and dissertations are not available as full-text. The interface is in English.|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||4819 items (2016-01-08)|
|Content:||Articles; Conferences; Theses; Unpublished|
|Contacts:||Emily Toner (email@example.com), Administrator|
|OpenDOAR ID:||146, Last reviewed: 2016-01-08 - Missing data is needed for: Policies |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/146/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Commercial metadata re-use permitted
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
Grade: Harvesting full data items by robots prohibited
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- Single copies of full items can be:
provided the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- reproduced, and displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- Full items must not be harvested by robots
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository holds all types of materials.
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff, registered students, and employees of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- No moderation policy defined. Assume nothing has been vetted.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- No retention period defined.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are not retained.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- In the event of the repository being closed down, items will be returned to their originators.