|University of Toronto Research Repository (T-Space)|
|Organisation:||University of Toronto (U of T)|
|Address:||27 King's College Circle, Toronto, ON|
|Location:||Latitude: 43.648590 & Longitude: -79.385340, Google Map|
|Description:||The content of this institutional repository consists of collections produced by institutional communities, which are managed, preserved and distributed by university libraries. Communities are research producing institutional units with a defined leader responsible for setting community policy, as well as possessing long-term stability. Some collections are subject to institutional guidelines defined by institutional administration. Registered users, not limited to institutional staff, can set up email alerting when new relevant content in added.|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||68648 items (2017-05-18)|
|Content:||Articles; Unpublished; Multimedia|
|Contacts:||email@example.com, Site Administrator|
|OpenDOAR ID:||294, Last reviewed: 2008-05-15 - Missing data is needed for: Policies |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/294/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use policy explicitly undefined
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Full data item policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Access to some or all full items is controlled.
- No full-item re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Content policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- No content policy defined.
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff, and registered students of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- No moderation policy defined. Assume nothing has been vetted.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
Grade: Preservation policies defined
- No retention period defined.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- The repository is working with external partners to convert or migrate file formats
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- No closure policy defined.