|Organisation:||Wikimedia Foundation, Inc|
|Address:||149 New Montgomery Street, Floor 6, San Francisco, CA 94105|
|Location:||Latitude: 37.787000 & Longitude: -122.399600, Google Map|
|Description:||This is a media file repository which gives access to public domain, freely licensed educational media content to anyone in their own language. It contains images, sounds and video clips. The interface is available in a large selection of languages and anyone can contribute new items.|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||38544766 items (2017-04-27)|
|Languages:||English; Chinese; French; Spanish|
|OpenDOAR ID:||3143, Last reviewed: 2014-08-18 - Missing data is needed for: OAI-PMH, Contacts & Policies |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/3143/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use policy explicitly undefined
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Rights vary for the re-use of full data items
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, given to third parties, and stored in a database in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, not-for-profit, or commercial purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- For more information see webpage: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Reusing_content_outside_Wikimedia?uselang=en-gb.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository is restricted to:Multimedia and audio-visual materials
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, registered students, and employees of the subject community, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for relevance to the scope of the repository
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- For more information see webpage: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Project_scope
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- No preservation policy defined.