|Organisation:||Library of Congress (LC)|
|Address:||101 Independence Ave, SE Washington, DC 20540|
|Location:||Latitude: 38.892100 & Longitude: -77.024100, Google Map|
|Description:||This is an extensive repository containing material relating to the American experience, a large portion of it digitised from the Library of Congress' collections. It includes, but is not limited to, images, monographs, sheet music, sound and visual recordings, pamphlets and posters. It is subdivided into over 100 thematic collections based on original documentation format, subject, author or donor. The site also benefits from an extensive range of background documentation and information on the creation, maintenance and development of this repository. Individual sections of the collection are periodically highlighted, and materials advising on the use of this repository's contents in a classroom situation are also provided. Each major subsection has a discrete site design and interface, although they are all part of the overarching whole.|
|Type:||Disciplinary - Operational|
|Size:||245506 items (2017-03-23)|
|Subjects:||Geography and Regional Studies; History and Archaeology|
|Content:||Unpublished; Books; Multimedia; Special|
|Contacts:||firstname.lastname@example.org, Site Administrator|
|OpenDOAR ID:||393, Last reviewed: 2012-06-27 - Missing data is needed for: Software & Policies |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/393/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use policy explicitly undefined
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Rights vary for the re-use of full data items
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- All full items are individually tagged with differing rights permissions and conditions.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
- Subject Specialities: Arts and Humanities General
- The repository is restricted to:
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Multimedia and audio-visual materials
- Other special item types
- For more information, please see webpage: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/oamh/lcoa1_content.html
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by employees of the organisation
- The administrator only vets items for relevance to the scope of the repository
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is checked by internal subject specialists.
- No embargo policy defined.
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- No functional specification policy has been defined.
- No file preservation policy defined.
- No withdrawal policy defined.
- Withdrawn items are deleted entirely from the database.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- No closure policy defined.