|CalTech Engineering and Science Online|
|Organisation:||Caltech (California Institute of Technology)|
|Address:||1200 E California, Mail Code 1-32, Pasadena, CA 91125|
|Location:||Latitude: 34.137700 & Longitude: -118.125300, Google Map|
|Description:||The Caltech Archives holds approximately 220 collections of the papers of distinguished Caltech professors, administrators and alumnae. This is a repository of finding aids, which are guides to historical documents. The documents themselves are open for research at the Caltech Archives to qualified users. Users may set up RSS and Atom feeds to be alerted to new content. The interface is in English.|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||4292 items (2017-04-27)|
|Software:||EPrints, Version: 3.1.3|
|Subjects:||Biology and Biochemistry; Chemistry and Chemical Technology; Earth and Planetary Sciences; Mathematics and Statistics; Physics and Astronomy; Technology General|
|OpenDOAR ID:||41, Last reviewed: 2014-05-23 - Missing data is needed for: Policies |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/41/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use permitted for not-for-profit purposes
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes
Grade: Harvesting full data items by robots prohibited
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- the original rights permission statement is given
- Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing
Grade: Content policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- No content policy defined.
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is not checked.
- No embargo policy defined.
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- No retention period defined.
- No functional specification policy has been defined.
- No file preservation policy defined.
- No withdrawal policy defined.
- Withdrawn items are deleted entirely from the database.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- No closure policy defined.