|Summit (Simon Fraser University Institutional Repository)|
|Organisation:||SFU Library (Simon Fraser University Library)|
SFU (Simon Fraser University)
|Address:||Simon Fraser University Library Surrey, 2400 Central City, 10153 King George Hwy, Surrey, B.C. V3T 2W1|
|Location:||Latitude: 49.187500 & Longitude: -122.845700, Google Map|
|Description:||This site is a university repository providing access to the publication output of the institution. Registered users, not limited to institutional members, can set up email alerts to notify them of newly added content.|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||15235 items (2017-03-23)|
|Subjects:||Health and Medicine; History and Archaeology; Language and Literature; Library and Information Science|
|Content:||Articles; Conferences; Theses; Unpublished; Books; Datasets; Multimedia|
2. Lynn Copeland (firstname.lastname@example.org), University Librarian, Tel. 604-291-3265
|OpenDOAR ID:||497, Last reviewed: 2012-01-10 - Missing data is needed for: Software & Policies |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/497/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Metadata re-use policy explicitly undefined
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- No metadata re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Full data item policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- No full-item re-use policy defined. Assume no rights at all have been granted.
Grade: Content policies explicitly undefined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- No content policy defined.
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff, and registered students of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- No moderation policy defined. Assume nothing has been vetted.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
Grade: Preservation policies defined
- No retention period defined.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- The repository is working with external partners to convert or migrate file formats
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- No closure policy defined.