|DigitalCommons@University of Nebraska (DigitalCommons@UNL)|
|Organisation:||University of Nebraska - Lincoln (UNL)|
|Address:||Lincoln, NE 68588-4100|
|Location:||Latitude: 40.818970 & Longitude: -96.703740, Google Map|
|Description:||University repository providing access to the publication output of the institution. Includes a paper of the day highlighted. Theses & dissertations are only freely accessible for the first 24 pages to external users. Registered users, not limited to institutional members, can set up email alerts or RSS feed to notify them of newly added relevant content. Some items may not be available as open-access. The Interface is in English|
|Type:||Institutional - Operational|
|Size:||92412 items (2017-04-27)|
|Content:||Articles; Conferences; Theses; Unpublished; Special|
|Contacts:||1. Paul Royster (email@example.com), Administrator, Tel. 402-472-3628|
2. firstname.lastname@example.org, OAI Administrator
|Remarks:||Special items include: Creative activities|
|OpenDOAR ID:||99, Last reviewed: 2014-06-06 - Missing data is needed for: Policies |
Link to this record: http://opendoar.org/id/99/
Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Commercial metadata re-use permitted
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
Grade: Harvesting full data items by robots prohibited
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
provided the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- reproduced, and displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- Full items must not be harvested by robots
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository holds all types of materials.
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, and academic staff of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- No moderation policy defined. Assume nothing has been vetted.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If the repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- The repository is working with external partners to convert or migrate file formats
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- No closure policy defined.