Standardised Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
Grade: Commercial metadata re-use permitted
Standardised Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially
- For more information, please see webpage: http://support.academiccommons.columbia.edu/knowledgebase/articles/378378-is-academic-commons-metadata-available-for-harvest
Grade: Re-use of full data items permitted for not-for-profit purposes
Standardised Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- reproduced, displayed or performed, and given to third parties
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- For more information see webpage: http://support.academiccommons.columbia.edu/knowledgebase/articles/35816-i-only-want-people-at-columbia-to-view-my-work-ca.
Grade: Content policies defined
Standardised Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- The repository holds all types of materials.
- Deposited items may include:
- working drafts
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Principal Languages: English
- For more information, please see webpage: http://support.academiccommons.columbia.edu/knowledgebase
Grade: Submission policies defined
Standardised Preservation Policy
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members, academic staff, and registered students of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- No moderation policy defined. Assume nothing has been vetted.
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is not checked.
- No embargo policy defined.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- For more information see webpage: http://support.academiccommons.columbia.edu/knowledgebase/articles/35804-who-can-deposit-in-academic-commons
Grade: Preservation policies explicitly undefined
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- The repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- The repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version clearly identified.
- No closure policy defined.
- For more information see webpage: http://support.academiccommons.columbia.edu/knowledgebase